This wiki is associated with Cognito Mentoring, an advising service for learners run by Jonah Sinick and Vipul Naik. The wiki is very much in beta, so you're likely to find many broken links and incomplete pages. Please be patient with us as we continue to improve our offerings.
Please connect with us to offer feedback on the wiki content.
Improving your productivity
There are many inputs into personal productivity. Two of them are study habits and time management. We address these at:
There's a good amount of material at Less Wrong about increasing personal productivity. There's been little systematic research on which suggestions work well, and some of the practices discussed could decrease productivity for some people. However, it's worth reading what other people have found helpful to get ideas for practices that you could implement in your life that might work well for you.
Two books that people have recommended on Less Wrong are
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity. This book has a very favorable rating on Amazon with 1,000+ reviews.
- The Procrastination Equation: How to Stop Putting Things Off and Start Getting Stuff Done. The suggestions in this book are backed by academic research. The book is summarized and reviewed by Luke Muehlhauser on Less Wrong here and here)
Some Less Wrong posts where people have discussed their own experiences are below. Many of them center around overcoming procrastination specifically.
- The mechanics of my recent productivity by So8res
- How I Am Productive by Peter Hurford
- The Power of Pomodoros by elharo
- My workflow by Paul Christiano